[Homeroast] Chocolate anyone?

Sam49 sam49.ideaz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 06:48:26 CDT 2010

I think they are talking about roasting cacao beans and then going
through the whole process of extracting the chocolate liquor and cacao
butter, etc. from the roasted bean, conching that and so on until you
have chocolate ready to put into a recipe or make into a bar for
straight eating.  For an overview - http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chocolate.

The oban wafer is already fully processed, just sitting there in a
convenient little form ready for bakers to use.  Really just a larger
and flatter chocolate chip.  Can't roast it - well, can't and get good
results.

I think what you need are baking recipes, not roasting information.

Sam