[Homeroast] Using CO2 to preserve freshness?

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:53:39 CDT 2010

"PS
In my last post, (Sunbeam pot cooling via ice cubes) a reply wanted to get into whether ice is the same temperature, etc etc. I'm not interested in lectures/debates on physics; just want to get some practical information if there is any to be had and share information if there is any to share."
Do you mean: "If you pick up two different ice cube and measure their temperatures, will they have the same reading"?

The answer is no. The melting point of ice is 0 degrees Celsius(the role pressure plays on freezing is small, compared with vaporization, so we can for the most part ignore it). But ice cubes can take on any temperature below 0 degrees Celsius all the way down to approaching absolute zero (-273.15 degrees Celsius, the theoretically lowest temperature possible in the universe).

Does this address the question?
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com