[Homeroast] aluminum for roasting

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:57:38 CDT 2010

I remember seeing a picture of a Calrod espresso heating element (coil type,
I believe) that had a superficial anode attached to it... someone was asking
what it was.

Here's a link to a Home-Barista post showing a sacrificial anode on a
heating element. I don't think this is the same post I remember, but it's
one of the first that came up in a web search.  There's a picture of the
anode in the message below.

http://www.home-barista.com/levers/la-peppina-cleanup-progress-and-questions-t8054.html#p94139

My uninformed guess is that many espresso machines probably forgo the anodic
protection.

-Chris