[Homeroast] aluminum for roasting

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:17:04 CDT 2010

I love Italian stovetop espresso/moka pots.  I grew up with them so I am
biased...

They do not make espresso like an espresso machine-especially a pro-line
one...not the same intensity nor any crema really.  Having said that, they
do make a good espresso - just not compared to a pro espresso machine.  If
you get a larger one-say a 6 cup or larger, you can use it to make regular
strength coffee simply by adjusting the coffee to water ratio.  I use mine
for all the coffee brewed in my house!  They tend to work better over a gas
flame as opposed to an electric stove...takes longer on the latter.

Another wonderful item is a stove top milk steamer.  They used to be
plentifull, now they appear to be going the way of the dodo.  You can still
find them occasionally on E-Bay or Orphan Espresso.  They do a great job
properly steaming milk with just the right amount of froth.

Be wary of the newer stovetop espreso/steamer comboinations like Bellman.
They never have enough steam to froth the milk after brewing the espresso.
Stick with the older espresso and steamer combos or seperates.

Mary

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Ryan M. Ward <silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com