[Homeroast] aluminum for roasting

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Mon Apr 12 16:44:05 CDT 2010

I haven't had one with an aluminum boiler since my old Vesuviana steam toy in 1990--one peek inside at the corrosion and (after removing the plastic and wiring) into the recycle bin it went.  From then on it was stainless, brass or nothing.  I won't even use my Bialetti moka pot(although my husband does) because I think pitted aluminum is just plain icky.