[Homeroast] Clever Coffee Dripper

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:14:11 CDT 2010

Yakster - This is a brief tangeant from your normal coffee related thread.

I enjoyed hearing about your London Broil cooked sous vide and seared on the
finish.  I also have a home sous vide set up.  I have an Auber PID, a 30 cup
Winco rice cooker, and an aquarium air pump.  I use a Foodsaver to vacuam
pack.

Just cooked a micro mini terrine of duck foie gras at 144 F for 8 minutes.
Chilled it in an ice bath and set in the fridge overnight.  Next day it was
wonderful as a cold terrine.  So much less foie loss due to melting than
with either poaching or the bain-Marie in an oven method.

Now back to your regularirly scheduled coffee program...

Mary