[Homeroast] aluminum for roasting

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Mon Apr 12 15:15:06 CDT 2010

The danger of acid foods leaching aluminum from non-anodized vessels is purely aesthetic--it negatively affects taste and darkens stuff like tomatoes and citrus. No disease links have been proven, and research has been long and extensive. I use stainless simply because it doesn't corrode, maintains heat more evenly, and can be scrubbed six ways from Sunday. (And it doesn't warp as readily).