[Homeroast] Profiles for the Behmor

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:45:09 CDT 2010

I confirmed by testing on my Behmor while monitoring the temperature that
the + and - buttons only affect the last leg of the profile both when
entered before hitting start and afterwards.

Joe Behm has since updated the manual and the latest version can be found on
www.behmor.com.

Ira has also update BehmorThing to reflect this so that profiles entered in
BehmorThing will match what the roaster does.

Personally, I was never a big user of the + and - buttons to adjust the
start of the P2 temp drop, but I have used a pre-roast of up to two minutes
(load the beans and start a P1 profile then stop the roast before two
minutes*, quickly program your P2 profile and hit start to continue) when I
was roasting a large batch where I needed the P2 temp drop to be pushed out
past what was available in the A, B, and C timings.  BehmorThing has logic
to track pre-roasts and makes this easy.  Nowadays, I usually roast a batch
size (10 - 13 oz) that doesn't require pre-roasting.  The most effective way
to control your roasts is by tuning your batch size (as with other
roasters).

I've got about 125 roasts on my refurb Behmor and am still very happy with
it.  The family loves the roasted almonds.

-Chris

*A pre-roast exceeding two minutes (and even less with some roasters) can
cause the roaster to heat to a temperature that will not allow you to
re-start the roast using this procedure.