[Homeroast] Clever Coffee Dripper

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Apr 10 20:10:38 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 04:35:09PM -0400, Edward Bourgeois wrote:
> Particles of coffee can get caught in between the stopper. Especially
> if your coffee bloom gets a little above the filter paper.  I just
> make sure to flush that area well when rinsing with the bottom up so
> that the stopper is in the open position. Also give a tap to the
> stopper before  putting a new cone in just to be sure it is seated
> well. The CCD isn't perfect but it is really good and well worth
> dealing with the little things.

I second all of that!  Also, there was one report in SM's forum of a
specimen which had a small bit of flashing that interfered with the
stopper seqting quite right.  Since the body is all very nearly clear
plastic, it's not easy to see something like this.

Another thing I've noticed a few times while cleaning the CCD: if you
jostle the cup-sensing bit in the bottom, you may get the whole thing
to seat on an angle, which doesn't quite seal.  Seems unlikely this
would be happening consistently, though.

--
The vulnerabilities will come, a couple of them a week, for years and
years...until people stop looking for them.  Waiting six months isn't