[Homeroast] Clever Coffee Dripper

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 15:35:09 CDT 2010

Particles of coffee can get caught in between the stopper. Especially
if your coffee bloom gets a little above the filter paper.  I just
make sure to flush that area well when rinsing with the bottom up so
that the stopper is in the open position. Also give a tap to the
stopper before  putting a new cone in just to be sure it is seated
well. The CCD isn't perfect but it is really good and well worth
dealing with the little things.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Brian Kamnetz <bkamnetz at gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> I would suggest that you experiment with just the Clever Coffee
> Dripper. Don't put a filter or coffee into it, use just water.
>
> Take it to the sink and fill it with water, and see if the CCD's
> stopper holds the water. Push up on the stopper-release mechanism and
> see if the water runs freely, and then let go of the stopper-release
> mechanism and see if it holds water securely again.
>
> If it won't hold water securely this way, and you can't see any
> foreign materials holding the stopper open, it sounds defective.  If
> it holds water this way, then the next step will be to figure out why
> it drips when it is loaded with hot water and coffee.
>
> Brian
>

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM, John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was assured that the CCD is Idiot-proof.  Unfortunately, I have
>> disproven this claim:  no matter how carefully I pour the 205 degree
>> water, the CCD leaks onto my countertop.  Do I need a new CCD, or a
>> new head?  Advice, pls.
>> --
>> Contra muros, mater rubicolla

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast