[Homeroast] Clever Coffee Dripper

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 12:39:47 CDT 2010

John,

I would suggest that you experiment with just the Clever Coffee
Dripper. Don't put a filter or coffee into it, use just water.

Take it to the sink and fill it with water, and see if the CCD's
stopper holds the water. Push up on the stopper-release mechanism and
see if the water runs freely, and then let go of the stopper-release
mechanism and see if it holds water securely again.

If it won't hold water securely this way, and you can't see any
foreign materials holding the stopper open, it sounds defective.  If
it holds water this way, then the next step will be to figure out why
it drips when it is loaded with hot water and coffee.

Brian