[Homeroast] Profiles for the Behmor

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 8 14:33:53 CDT 2010

I think the thing I posted about in this area was using a spectrogram
program for the iPhone to graphically display the snaps that I could
not hear.  People with normal hearing probably don't need it but I
lost a fair amount of my hearing to loud sounds like I was exposed to
driving dragsters without mufflers or ear protection back in the late
50's.   Demolition explosions during my military years added to the
problem.  And there were very loud rock and roll concerts, I could
probably go on and on so back to the topic.   Each snap is a nice
sharp little peak on the iPhone display when it is running a
spectrogram program and you can even see the difference between first
and second snaps. Using this little tool, I have been very successful
getting my roasts right in the Behmor.  When I roast in a wok I can
see the beans well enough that I don't need to use the iPhone as a
hearing aid.
      pecan jim