[Homeroast] Ripple Effect of Your Cup of Coffee at UMCP

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:48:24 CDT 2010

" I sure hope they plan on serving some good coffee."
 If you attend, I think you'll realize the delicate balance that is a result
of the ripple effect.

We all want carefully tended, harvested and prepared coffee. Because we want
it, others should gladly make it available to us for an agreeable stipend.

The tiny quantity that we CSA's or CSWorld consume should make it all the
easier to prepare for us.

What kind of tight rope do we think Tom and SM have to walk, to be seen by
the producers as a reliable fair buyer of their finest produce, without
buyers having to bid into the stratosphere?

How quickly might the producers lose that confidence if their only reliable
buyers are the "Specialty Coffee" types that will buy the origin name, by
the thousands of tons?

Thousands of tons to reliable buyers, even bidding down with a sledge
hammer, trumps the small buyers that offer a great price for a few tons of
beans produced with extraordinary care. Prices may seem great, but quality
will follow the Eight ball into the corner pocket.

*Ripplestilzchen*- soon enough, we'll be forced to spin road apples into
interesting coffee beans. When the Chairman claps, all will follow suit.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Ripple effect becomes Richter effect in Grinder-