[Homeroast] Sunbeam Vac pot tuning: a simple solution

Dan d54696 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 19:39:24 CDT 2010

I got one recently and after adjusting the high and low thermostats got it to work well. But the upper globe had a very high temperature. (Don't ask me if the thermometer was correct etc etc-- it was and was double checked.)

The simple repeatable solution that I initially hated, but now like was to just put two ice cubes in the upper globe along with the coffee. (I always use 6 cups of water and 2.6 oz of coffee.) Icecubes are always the same temperature (tap water isn't), the same size and available. The result is water at 200-203 F each time in the upper globe and very nice coffee.

dan