[Homeroast] Hybrid vac pots

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:12:33 CDT 2010

RayO wrote:

"Some have imagined "excessive vacuum" caused the pot to shatter. News
Flash-
No!"

There's more than one way to shatter a vacpot, Ray. Your scenario is pretty
convincing, and gives us good reason to be careful of mixing and matching
funnels and pots.

But there've been plenty of implosions with pots and funnels properly
matched, and the bulk of them appear to occur long after the "sudden inrush"
moment.

I won't speculate the exact scientific cause of these more common
implosions, as I'm not a physicist, except to say that their symptoms don't
align well with the failure mode you describe.

Doug