[Homeroast] Hybrid vac pots--blowing off steam

Samuel Goldberger sgold at sphere.bz
Mon Apr 5 10:22:44 CDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 7:51 AM, Allon Stern wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2010, at 4:28 AM, Samuel Goldberger wrote:
>
>> /flame on
>>
>> /flame off
>

> How about we use the flames for our gas-fired roasters? Calling a straw-man argument is valid, but the ad-hominem attacks are a bit out of bounds.
>
> -

Normally, I would agree. However, Ray typically interweaves the spuriously (one might even say embarrassingly) personal with
the objective in ways that make it difficult, if not impossible, for the reader to distinguish. That was precisely my point.

Ad hominem arguments are indeed out of bounds where the speaker has not made his personality the issue, as is eminently true of your note. Hence, one can reply to
the substance without any reference to you as a "hominus."

Res ipsa loquitur.