[Homeroast] City? City +? Full City? Anna Karenina?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 02:49:49 CDT 2010

City, City + and Full City roasts are pretty hot- but Anna Karenina- Oh,
yes... Cool.
Ethiopian Sidamo decaf, (start of 1st ≥ 3min ≥ EOR) - no kiddin'. The
Steinway drip is phenomenal like Tom said. Like Karen said, "This is what
coffee is supposed to be." Decaf!!

For me, the roast was unusual. 1st snap of 1st crack was at 14:21, and it
really got rolling by 15:00. Get moving- we'll go 3:00 more, then Cool Beans
by 18:06. 1st was not quite finished. 30° F out in the carport- never got
the promised snow job.

It's done and it's gorgeous- Helluva roast. Have to try a sample into a
rolling 2nd, my norm. Now that I have a credible comp. roast. Who'd a thunk
it?

A surprise- start of 1st ≥ 3min ≥ EOR was very even. Almost no smoke and Nil
per Chaff. (NPC) Like falling off a log. So was the Ethiopia Harar decaf,
years ago.

I'll take some abuse from my friend, Don- "Gotta be decaf, Ray." This does
not have any "Decaf" flavor attribute- I hesitate to present it. I detest
violence, like a hematoma in the belfry. Hide and watch.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Got grinder?