Malvene Lemerick malvene at telus.net
Thu Dec 31 11:06:05 CST 2009

Subject: Re: [Homeroast] suggestions as to how best to deal with
	blocking of	my heat gun air intake by chaff

Hi, Thank you all for your suggestion. Bob wrote me directly and suggested
that I just use a fan to blow across the top of the bread machine so that
the chaff is directed away from the gun.  As I already have a fan sitting
there which I use to cool the beans this will be easy and seems like a
likely solution. Just to be sure I think I will slip a piece of nylon
stocking over the intake vent.  I was worried that  it might get too hot and
melt.  Nice to know that someone else has tried it with success.
Happy New Year all.  Cheers Malvene

II have used burlap, socks and nylon, but the best thing I have found is
very fine screen made into a little cage around the intake. I found every
thing but the screen gets clogged with dust and smoke. With the screen, even
if some chaff gets sucked onto the screen there are many more holes not
blocked.