[Homeroast] What's the other 97%?

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:12:50 CST 2009

Ryan,
I believe the link that Allon Stern has below his post is a *$'s poster that
was derived from a reference to the Speciality Coffee pyramid poster that
shows that the cream of Speciality Coffee from all the growing regions of
the world only amounts to 3% of all coffee harvested. Then the
poster/illustration is divided into at least two other pieces. Bottom being
the so called "Folgers class" of ground coffee in cans. Middle being what
most of us roast and drink. Now I believe Tom and Maria buy from the top
tier or 3% if at all possible. Usually small lots only and auctioned off to
the highest bidder.
Tom do chime in here if you read this. I'm am now delving beyond my
knowledge base.

Now my response to Allon's post was a stretch in that I don't really believe
that *$'s only buys from the top tier. Hence, my comment "I'm not going to
call this on out right lie" but......
JoeR