[Homeroast] Measured weight of whole beans to roast in Yama VP 8 cup

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 20:48:50 CST 2009

Hi John H.

The "recommended" amount of coffee is, IIRC, 8gr per cup, and I've had a
number of vacpotters indicate that this is essentially the right amount.
That would make 64gr of coffee for your 8-cup Yama

More to the point, when I've stated that I use 48gr, I've had it strongly
suggested to me that I was going too weak.

Then, of course, there's Barry's 26 gr of coffee for his 8-cup Yama, and we
all (including me) jump up and down about how that's not nearly enough.

Barry's results are apparently quite good. I'll swear by my results, and the
rest of the vacpotters swear by their "recommended" amounts.

The moral of the story is that you should try them all and see what you
like. It's what's in your cup that really counts, and there are a lot of
people who swear by a lot of different measures of coffee for their 8-cup
Yamas.

Good luck, and let us know what measure you settle on for your perfect cup!

Doug