[Homeroast] suggestions as to how best to deal with blocking of my heat gun air intake by chaff

jon morgan smokedetector at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:58:43 CST 2009

II have used burlap, socks and nylon, but the best thing I have found is
very fine screen made into a little cage around the intake. I found every
thing but the screen gets clogged with dust and smoke. With the screen, even
if some chaff gets sucked onto the screen there are many more holes not
blocked.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM, R Nepsund <nepsundr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got an old pair of nylons from somebody and cut a section out.   I
> goes around the heat gun barrel and over the air inlet vents.  I just
> have to occasionally blow or wipe the chaff off.
>
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Malvene Lemerick <malvene at telus.net>
> wrote:
> > I have had problems with the air vent on the gun getting blocked by
> chaff.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize this?

Jon Morgan
Fire Protection Associates, Inc.
706-215-1094