[Homeroast] Measured weight of whole beans to roast in Yama VP 8 cup

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:46:20 CST 2009

Here comes an old discussion. It's going to come down to a matter of taste.
I roast light and use 25 gr of beans and Hawaiian water. Most people contend
it is not enough coffee. However, every list member who has had coffee at my
home has said my coffee is great. Perhaps when I move to the mainland my
formulation will change. But given the above stated variables any more than
25 gr of coffee results in a bitter overly strong brew.For those who
disagree if you can make it to Hawaii before the end of June you are welcome
to come to my home and sample my Vac-pot brew for yourselves.