[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:54:04 CST 2009

Yes, I'm in the OC, Orange County, Calif.  behind the Orange Curtain.  I
used to think that the Orange Curtain referred to a certain conservative
streak in Southern California, but now I believe it has something to do with
the lack of good coffee.

Sadly, my Guat has a distinct tinge of vanilla flavored coffee transferred
from the grinder.  Tonight we're going to Eva's Caribbean Kitchen in Laguna
Beach to celebrate our eleventh anniversary.  I'm trying to be a good
husband and father this week by not obsessing about coffee this week... I
found a Proctor Silex electric perc pot with a glass brew chamber at
Goodwill yesterday for $8, and passed.  If blue tags go on sale, however, I
may have to go back and pick it up (not that I'm a huge fan of perc pots,
but it looks pretty neat).

-Chris