[Homeroast] An Endorsement

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:47:21 CST 2009

I picked up a CCD and it replaced my AeroPress at home (still use it at
work).  I liked it so much that I picked up a second so I could brew two
batches in parallel when my parents stay over (automatic drip machines have
previously been banished to the garage).

I highly recommend them.  I have two timers running, one set for thirty
seconds and one for four minutes.  When the water boils, I pull it and start
a thirty second countdown.  After this finishes, I pour a couple of ounces
over my two AeroPress scoops of coffee that have been prepared in a
pre-wetted filter for a pre-infusion and run another thirty second
countdown.  After the second thirty seconds have elapsed, I fill up the cone
with water and start the four minute countdown.  I like how the pre-infusion
allows the coffee to swell and the main pour knocks it back down.

Sometimes I'll sink the grounds floating at the top after a few minutes.

-Chris