[Homeroast] Cold Brewing Coffee

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:52:06 CST 2009

I agree with you, this method is so simple I don't think you need to purchase anything special other than a filter(It was a gift that I never requested- or even knew about, but was very happy to receive!).
It's good to know that you have had success with a gold filter, I imagine using the gold filter instead of the cotton one it comes with would produce a richer flavor.
I also find it interesting that you let it sit for 12 to 24 hours with good results, this is double what I have been doing for the last few days. Next batch I will leaving it longer and see how it goes.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I could probably just throw everything into my french press, let it sit for 12-24 hours and then pour out then end product, this would subtract out several layers of complexity, make clean up easy, and you get the advantage of a metal filter. This would be easier than using the contraption I got(Not that it is THAT complicated but what they heck).

Thanks for the tips

Ryan M. Ward

*Note: This email was sent from a computer running Ubuntu Linux 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
http://www.ubuntu.com