[Homeroast] Cold Brewing Coffee

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Dec 28 14:56:45 CST 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Starfinder Stanley <coffee at starf.org>
wrote:

> Yields nice concentrated stuff, great for iced coffee
> with a shot of cream and no worries about ice dilution.

I use this method for making coffee ice cream. I use a lb of coarse
ground coffee in one gallon of milk/cream. No dilution :-)
Let it sit in the fridge overnight, then filter through cheesecloth. A
little xanthan gum and lecithin (optional, but really improves the
melting qualities and texture), sugar, and turn into ice cream with
your favorite method (I like LN2, but it has gotten quite expensive of
late)

-
allon