[Homeroast] Cold Brewing Coffee

Starfinder Stanley coffee at starf.org
Mon Dec 28 14:33:15 CST 2009

Funny, I was just thinking about querying the list about cold brewed coffee
this morning....

I've done it, and to be honest was quite surprised at how tasty it is.  I
can't imagine what kind of store-bought equipment they convinced you you'd
need to do it ---I just grind a rather coarse grind of a large volume of
beans, dump it into a sealable bucket, pour in the cold water (I can't
recall the proper volume, it was either 1:1 or twice as much water as
grinds), cover, and let sit for 12-24 hours or so.  I give a swirl every now
and again, and ultimately filter the stuff through a gold filter.  I
wouldn't use fabric or paper filters, as they'll absorb some of the oils and
rob you of flavor.  Yields nice concentrated stuff, great for iced coffee
with a shot of cream and no worries about ice dilution.  Great for those
summer music festival weekends, or car camping when it's hot hot hot and you
don't want to mess with a stove....

...Starfinder

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Ryan M. Ward <silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com