[Homeroast] Cory Rod in a Yama Vacpot?

Rich Adams roaster at kc.rr.com
Mon Dec 28 09:58:11 CST 2009

----- Original Message -----
> it appears the filter area is rougher than the Cona.

It is much rougher.

> I'm thinking I may get a better draw-down with the Cory.

I tested this,,,I prefer the Cory rod in my Cona Jr.  Not only was the Cory
rod providing faster draw down, the top half is also longer allowing a
easier removal.  The Cona rod that came with this Cona Jr model is short and
stubby making it difficult to grasp through the smaller funnnel opening.

A couple of questions for the list:

> Are there different models of Cory rods?

Yup, with different patent numbers on them and different names, one is a
"Cory Filter Rod" with a round head and another is called "New Cory Rod"
with a square head.  The one im using with the Cona is patent # 114097,
another one stashed in a drawer, "New Cory Rod" is # 1927287.

> Which models, if any, will fit the small Yama pot?

The two I mentioned above work in my 8 cup Yama.  I *think* they work in the
smaller units.  Let me know if you want to test one of mine before you buy.

Rich Adams