[Homeroast] Coffee of the year

Eddie Dove southcoastcoffeeroaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:28:47 CST 2009

A great topic from a trusted, veteran coffee connoisseur.

The Bali Organic "Blue Krishna" Kintamani is an excellent coffee and
it was added to the inventory solely based on Barry's recommendation.
Thank you, Barry.

This year, however, it seems that a coffee from an unlikely region
tops the list.  Precursors to exquisite elixir hailing from Colombia
rarely tickle my fancy.  With complete, irreverent disregard for my
predisposition the aromatics of one such varietal excites the
olfactory thereby alarming the other senses that something great is
about to happen.  Layer after layer of marvelous complexity conveyed
in the creamy body paint the palate and fully satisfy the anxious
anticipation evoking a relaxed breath and a smile.  The profile was
tweaked just a bit and on its fourth day of rest, fresh out of the
Technivorm, the light Full City roast exhibited an added dimension of
being stirred with a stick of cinnamon.  We are thoroughly enjoying
this exquisite elixir today, but tomorrow, Christmas Day, the Colombia
Cauca – Oro de Suarez will be at its zenith.

Merry Christmas!

Respectfully,

Eddie Dove
Docendo Discimus