[Homeroast] Roasting smoke and birds

French Lewis falewis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 09:29:32 CST 2009

Hi Allon,

I have 2 pet birds, a Bourke Parakeet and a Cockateil.   I roast with an old model Hot Top in the garage, and, while the house gets a coffee aroma, the birds are fine (Bourke will be 7 in February and Cockateil will be 8 in June), they go to the vet for annual check ups and have been given a clean bill of health.

My guess is they would be OK provided the house doesn't get smoky, however, as I'm not an avian vet, my opinions/thoughts are just that.    You may want to google "Avian Veterinarian" and then email the question to them, or just ask your vet.

French