[Homeroast] First Behmor Chaff Fire - Any Suggestions?

Brad Baker b3jazz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:15:27 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM, John Mac <johnt.mac at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I spent a couple of hours taking the machine completely apart to
> clean away the terrible burnt smell/residue ( have pictures)
[/snip]

I would be interested in seeing those.  I asked Behmor tech support.
They had no guide to a complete disassembly. I have a victim of a
serious bean fire in need of an internal cleaning.  My early
experiments seem to show that acetone will cut through the dark resin
quickly on the bare metal surfaces, mineral spirits on the powder
coated surfaces though much more slowly.

--
---  b r a d  b a k e r  ---\\