[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Sat Dec 26 11:01:26 CST 2009

On Dec 25, 2009, at 11:03 PM, Alchemist John wrote:

> I have always wanted to build a cast iron drum roaster....just not sure how to go about it aside from casting my own drum......

Cast iron pipe?
Since much of cast iron pipe is used for wastewater, I doubt I'd consider it to be food grade....

On the other hand, you COULD cast your own....an ex roommate of mine used to do his own bronze castings, as well as aluminum, etc (he's an amateur blacksmith and knifemaker). Could be a fun project :)

-
allon