[Homeroast] Gene Cafe??

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Sat Dec 26 10:49:05 CST 2009

>  I've been thinking about getting one as my step up from a popcorn popper,
>  and it occurred to me all the chatter seems to be about Behmor with a few
>  people aspiring to the Hottop, which led me to wonder if the Gene Cafe were
>  somehow suboptimal.  It sounds like it isn't.
>
>  Is there anything about the ergonomics or operation or cleaning that bothers
>  you?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Phil

Nope. The only regular cleaning it gets is vacuuming out the air intakes and cleaning the inside of the roasting
chamber. After about two years it just stopped roasting properly, and I was told to take the chaff collector and dumpit
in apot of boiling water for a few minutes. That cleaned out all the oils and gunk that had accumulated and it's worked
perfectly ever since.

Frank Parth