[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Alchemist John John at chocolatealchemy.com
Fri Dec 25 22:03:42 CST 2009

I have and adore my cast iron.  Probably 8 pieces from 4" to a huge
14-16" deep dish that I often use for pizza (among other
things).  One of my most loved items is an ancient (1875 is the
casting mark) waffle iron that we got from my wife's
grandfather.  Horrid condition when we got it.  Took months to get it
clean and usable but we did and now it is like nothing else.  Don't
give up on your ePay item if it does not work right off.

I have always wanted to build a cast iron drum roaster....just not
sure how to go about it aside from casting my own drum......