[Homeroast] Things i learned from Dan at USRC

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Thu Dec 24 22:38:52 CST 2009

1st crack 354f ish? That's 40f low start of "real" 1st crack temps. Now my
USRC 3k's bean probe offset calibration has been off ~20f since the day I
got it 2 years ago, ie 1st cracks start my bean temp reading 375-380f.
Haven't bothered to call to find out how to correct the offset. And it's
been no biggy since I know it's off and have all my profiles built
accordingly. But 354f 1st crack? Not real bean temp, no way. Check Tom's
pictorial which includes crack temps. My Caffe' Rosto & CCR HotTop roasting
temps always agreed with Tom's pictorial examples. So I knew my USRC 3k bean
probe was calibrated wrong from the git go. If your 3k is reading 354f bean
temp 1st crack I'd have them correct the calibration before it ships.

Slave to the Bean Kona Konnaisseur miKe mcKoffee
http://www.NorwestCoffee.com

http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/