[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 11:50:54 CST 2009

"I have to get back to the biscotti in my oven before they burn!"
Not to worry- where is your oven? I'll keep an eye on it for you!

We used to have an electric waffle griddle when I was the de facto wall
grinder operator. The griddle platens were cast iron. We saved lard for the
war, but Mom kept a little glass custard cup of it in the fridge. Some was
melted and brushed on the cast iron utensils after each use, including the
waffle iron. I guess steel wool was the spatula of the day.

Now, I have to take a second look at a Belgian waffle griddle I saw
recently...

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da, und angenehme Feiertag Wünschen  -RayO, aka Opa!

Don't persist in old ways; behold new results - Evade Insanity...