[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Starfinder Stanley coffee at starf.org
Wed Dec 23 17:42:18 CST 2009

I actually split a cast iron skillet in half once too, in college ---heated
it up too hot and then poured something cold into it ----BAM!  Almost gave
myself a heart attack.  Ah, differential expansion and contraction ---not a
good idea, in retropect.  Oops.

I find that beef tallow seasons cast iron wonderfully.

I love the idea of heirloom pans.  So different from the modern, disposable
mentality.