[Homeroast] Coffee Liqueur

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Wed Dec 23 16:10:40 CST 2009

For the sugar to stay in suspension, the liquid containing it must be
brought to a boil or very near.  You could have dissolved it in the
espresso, when it was hot, but it might not have held that much sugar.  You
could have boiled a small amount of water with the sugar to make a syrup and
used higher proof vodka to make up for the water.  Bartender's or extra fine
sugar melts a bit easier.  At this point, I would do as you suggested and
decant the liquid off of the sludge.

Mike Chester