[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Darliene Stanhope darlienestanhope at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:06:19 CST 2009

I love cast iron cookware.  I have several pieces that get daily use.  All
of my pieces are older than I am and are inherited from my great
grandparents and grandparents.  I do have one dutch oven that was my great
great grandmothers and there is nothing like a pot of peas and butter beans
cooked in that pot.  My great great grandmother died at 98 and was totally
blind when I was born so I know the dutch oven is way older than I am.  My
mother remembers her using it when she was a small child and my mother is in
her mid 60s.  That dutch oven is on the list of top ten things to grab in
case of fire, or emergency right behind my 3 cats, it even beats out my
vintage Nikon camera.

Darliene