[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:03:24 CST 2009

Bob, I love cast iron - I guess mine could qualify as ancient... until I the
one I used for years actually broke in half! Never saw that happen, before
or since, lol.

Now that I finally have a gas stove in this apt., I don't use it all that
much - but mostly because I'm not cooking as much as usual. Even my holiday
baking is less than other years (trying to make it all less stressful - and
I end up in too much pain). Still, there is nothing like good ol' cast iron
- and I'm jealous about your waffle iron. ;-) Make sure you tell us how it
turns out!

(btw, pizza cooked in a cast iron pan is as good or better than a stone!)

Lynne