[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Wed Dec 23 12:18:41 CST 2009

You touched on an interest of mine; cast-iron cookware, Starfinder.  The more I use newer stuff, the more I like my old cast-iron.  Egads, I've spent a bundle on cookware over the years, and most of it sits unused - other than my cast-iron.  There's something gratifying about rescuing an old piece destined the scrap heap and putting it to work.  The simplicity of a gas stove and cast-iron just works for me.  Right now, I'm looking forward to the arrival of a century-old waffle iron I scored on ePay.  I'm anticipating my electric waffle-iron will be relegated to "shelf weight" status.

Anybody else on the list in love with ancient cast-iron?

Bob

From: "Starfinder Stanley" <coffee at starf.org>