[Homeroast] First Behmor Chaff Fire - Any Suggestions?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Dec 22 17:34:11 CST 2009

At 03:15 PM 12/22/2009, you wrote:
>At 02:52 PM 12/22/2009, you wrote:
>>I was roasting 325 grams of IMV (saved it for Christmas gifts!) on P1 and
>>just after I hit cool, I smelled smoke and saw sparks flying inside.  It
>>seemed to die out after about a minute and a half, so I let it continue on
>
>I don't think glowing chaff is really a problem. Flames and
>especially burning beans is a problem.

I guess I should clarify. I don't think it needs you to do anything
other than keep your face glued to the window to make sure it doesn't
become something else.  I've seen it a number of times and the only
side effect seems to be a really dirty spot in the left rear corner
of the chaff tray, made by sparks on the right side looking through
the window.  Never seen sparks on the left side.

Ira