[Homeroast] First Behmor Chaff Fire - Any Suggestions?

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:17:18 CST 2009

I was roasting 325 grams of IMV (saved it for Christmas gifts!) on P1 and
just after I hit cool, I smelled smoke and saw sparks flying inside.  It
seemed to die out after about a minute and a half, so I let it continue on
the cooldown cycle.  I'll do a full scrubbing with Simple Green and will run
a cleaning cycle.  Any other suggestions.

I was worried that it was too big a batch of very chaffy coffee, so I'm not
surprised I got a chaff fire.  I'll dial the batch size down next time.  I'm
more concerned about anything I should do to ensure the roaster is fine.

Thanks for any help.

-Seth