[Homeroast] OT Gender neutral noun - was - New to Roasting- Looking for a Roaster

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 23:23:52 CST 2009

"I have a very limited knowledge of Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese but it
seems gender neutral nouns are rare. To me the unisex application is a bit
odd."

Odd, but certainly not unheard of. In every language that applies gender to
every noun, there always seem to be a few.

In Brasilian Portuguese, a Carioca is a native of Rio de Janeiro. Male or
female, the ending is the same. They have a few others like that, too, but
they're not coming to mind at the moment.

Doug