[Homeroast] Monday Morning Cup

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Mon Dec 21 16:02:18 CST 2009

My Monday *morning* cups were okay, but then everything seemed to go blooey at once.  First, when I turned it on to warm up in anticipation of midday lattes, the pressurestat on my LaCora (Andreja Premium) blew (steam pressure gauge needle accelerated, then a loud pop and burst of steam;  I shut it off, cooled it down, refilled the tank, turned it on and had to shut it off again just before the needle hit its limit); and I had to haul Miss Silvia back out of storage pending Cora's pickup and repair. (God bless Silvia--she's had to pinch-hit for me more times than I care to remember, and I'll NEVER trade her in or give her away). Then when we went to make a single-cup capsule of cocoa we found the Keurig had turned itself off and could not turn back on no matter what outlet we used or however we hit the power switch.  So I had to substitute my little travel single-cup pourover Keurig.

Maybe this is God's way of telling me I need to brew more pots of homeroast in the Technivorm.

I am far more optimistic about getting the LaCora back safe, sound, and healthy than I was about my late lamented Pasquini Livia (or the Magister the fly-by-night storefront repair shop on the NW Side tried to refurb as its substitute and then dropped out of sight when the Magister did exactly what the Livia had done); Cora Italian Specialties is a well-established, legit firm in the 'burbs with a couple of buildings, sells new multigroup machines to and services most of the better cafes in Chicago, and has nothing but good things to say about SM's.

Peace & song,
Sandy
www.sandyandina.com